We, at Metro Dance take the health and safety of our teachers, staff, dancers, and families very seriously! We have decided to move our opening to Tuesday, June 2nd. In response to this Covid-19, we have been working very hard to reduce the future potential for exposure and spread of the coronavirus. We are ready for our re-opening following all protocols and guidelines from our local officials and the governor of the state.
The studio has been deep cleaned several times since the closure, and we have all necessary equipment and requirements in place for the re-opening.
This is what to expect when we re-open on June 2nd:
- As you approach the front door of the studio, you will see red X’s spaced 6 feet apart. That is where you will line up to enter.
- Facemasks will be required by all to enter the studio.
- Forehead temperature will be taken for all entrants with a no contact digital Infrared thermometer. Any person with a temperature of 100 or greater will be asked to leave.
- We ask that parents drop off and pick up. You may park and wait in your car. We have seating in the lobby for only 8 family members. The seating is spaced 6 feet apart. There is no longer toys, coloring table, or television present or available. Masks must be worn at all times in the lobby.
- Viewing areas outside of studio for parents and visitors are closed at this time due to not enough room for social-distancing.
- Students will line up on the 6 foot floor markers to enter the dance studio room. They will place their dance bag in a cubby, then proceed to the bathroom to wash their hands with soap and water for 20 seconds.
- Students will take off masks and place in dance bag in cubby. Masks are not required when exercising and dancing. They will then proceed to a marked spot (6 feet apart) and sit down on their X. Each student will receive hand sanitizer from their instructor.
- Dancers are expected to adhere to instructions provided by their instructor with respect to social distancing while in the dance room.
- Cell phones must be in a clear Ziploc bag and must remain in their dance bag during class.
- Students are required to have their hair tied back with their own scrunchie or hair tie. No sharing will be allowed.
- Students must have their own water bottles. Please fill up at home. Water source at the studio will be sanitized often if needed to refill.
- Dancers will not share props, dolly’s, butterfly wings, instruments, etc.
- Regrettably, we will not be able to provide loaner shoes for new students or those that need a bigger size.
- There will be a one way direction through the studio. Entrance through the front door and exit through the roll up door, Studio 3 in the very back of the studio. Parents are required to pick up at the opposite end of entrance. Exit will be clearly marked.
- Teachers will have all students wash their hands after class, retrieve their dance bags, and put on their masks prior to exiting. Teacher will escort them out and hand sanitize one final time.
- The studio has all required signs posted that are pertinent to the coronavirus.
We encourage each you to assess your own comfort levels and risk factors before making the decision of returning to the dance studio.
Our community’s health and safety as well as our students and families is our number one priority and we urge you to take whatever personal precautions you need to, including staying home if you feel it is warranted.
Please let us know your thoughts and decision by emailing email@example.com so we can plan accordingly
Please be safe and well!
Owner / Director